Search This Blog

Tuesday 30 June 2009

Les Mysteres

I have mentioned before that when I get down to the last couple of downloads in my eMusic account every month I head to the "international" section and select some albums more or less at random and give them a go. Here are some tracks by a couple of artists I discovered that way, Fatan Kwass and Ziphus.

I know nothing about these lads, but I know what I like. When you google them about the only hits that come up take you back to the albums on eMusic (although Ziphus has also made it on to Amazon - whether that means he is a bigger name, who knows). Fatan Kwass is clearly from somewhere in Francophone Africa. Ziphus may be as well, but there is a touch of zouk in his sound which suggests he may be from a French-speaking island in the Caribbean or the Indian Ocean. If any of you know anything about either of them, please let me know.

Anyway, here is Fatan Kwass with "N'sellibesse": http://www.box.net/shared/q5599v4q3e

And here is Ziphus with "Vitale Famille": http://www.box.net/shared/ilxbirugvc

One other mystery has been solved, though. Congratulations to a Mister F of London who correctly identified Sunday's mystery song as a jazzed up version of "Agadoo" by Black Lace. His prize: he has been offered the first ever guest post here on 27 Leggies. Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment